Job Title: Senior Android Developer
Whilst the last couple of years have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
• Notable leadership experience and can mentor and teach your team in a positive, proactive, Agile manner.
• Design and develop SDK/PoS for Fintech products using Android.
• API integrations in SDK/PoS with backend services
• Develop automated unit tests with tools such Appium and espresso.
• Promote good design principles and patterns and writing clean testable code frequent. Appreciation of incremental value delivery.
• A passion to improve processes, tools, methodologies & overall quality of the product.
• A solid foundation in developing and maintaining enterprise software systems.
• Work closely with developers, product team, QA & BAs to define & develop the best in-class solutions.
• Define & implement processes & best practices related to development.
• Raising any security compliance issues for SDK /PoS product to the development manager.
• Work with the development manager & project teams to develop & maintain the applications in line with defined scripting standards.
• An understanding of the software product development lifecycle & test processes
Duties and responsibilities:
• Design, build, and maintain Android SDK/PoS and Apps.
• Work with engineers, product managers, designers, and stakeholders across the company to bring new features and products.
• Maintain & improve the Android frameworks, suggesting improvements where appropriate.
• Support the development team by answering questions and solving complex problems.
• Ensure developers are following best practises, along with producing clean and secure code and conduct code reviews.
• Write automated unit tests.
• Investigate any defects reported by stakeholders / end users & support the team to find the root cause & get the right fixes.
• Humble to embrace better ideas from others, eager to make things better, open to challenges and possibilities.
• Attend team retrospectives & workshops to promote continuous improvement.
• Understand business requirements & processes to define solutions with continuous review of scope of all requirements following the agile methodology.
• Provide estimations on deliverable features to the delivery manager.
• Drive improvements within the development processes.
• You are curious and have a can-do attitude.
• Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great developer and consumer experiences
• Ability to work independently, mentor, motivate & collaborate with team members.
• Bright, highly self-motivated and driven with a professional and positive approach.
• Promotes a customer-centric, creative and enjoyable team environment.
• Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience with the Android, Java, NDK, C++ and developing complex Android applications. Appreciate the art of API design.
• Experience of deploying apps on Google Play store.
• Experience with JSON concepts and REST APIs
• Experience with design patterns such as MVVM or MVC, Kotlin and Android frameworks.
• Proactive and enthusiastic quick learner.
• Experience across the entire SDLC.
• Passionate about software development, with a general thirst for technology & interest in new tools & methodologies.
• Proactive and enthusiastic quick learner with the ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to adapt and to drive innovation in an evolving technical environment.
• Experienced using version control tools e.g. Git.
• Experienced in working with CI/CD pipeline environments.
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and/or relevant work experience.
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Senior Android Developer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now