Job Title: Compliance Manager (Regulatory)
Whilst the last couple of years have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments recently received a ‘Best Companies’ 2* accreditation from TM Group, which recognises exemplary levels of workplace engagement, leadership and wellbeing within the company. Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
The Compliance Manager overall responsibilities for the necessary compliance duties, responsibilities, and obligations of the organisation, including ensuring that the organisation meets all relevant laws and regulations.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Implement new risks and regulatory requirements by performing gap assessments, building roadmaps and translating risk or regulatory requirements into business requirements
• Ongoing identification and assess risks within the organisation processes, propose mitigating measures and risk monitoring approaches
• Design internal controls and monitor their effective implementation
• Support implementation of new regulations, mapping the regulatory roadmap, update of existing processes and build and assist in maintaining the compliance monitoring program to ensure ongoing compliance with various regulations applicable to the organisation
• Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
• Support workshops where pain points, gaps are addressed, including addressing analysis and propose remediations for compliance topics
• Support the business as a subject matter expert on Financial Services regulatory and compliance matters
• Ensure effective and compliant Policy Management
• Prepare reports for Chief Compliance Officer/Senior Management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
Experience and Qualifications:
• BA in law, Degree (or equivalent) or comparable work experience required. Must have 3 to 5 years relevant managerial working experience in a compliance role
• Broad and/or in-depth technical compliance expertise and experience in specific regulations applicable to Financial Services (AML, GDPR, PSDII, DORA, CESOP, Corporate Governance, Banking Law, etc)
• Detail oriented with good organizational skills and problem management skills
• Experience in managing a team and ability to escalate when appropriate to the CCO/Senior Management
• Able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision; ability to priorities multiple tasks and bring tasks to completion with established timeframes
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication with ability to explain complex requirements concisely
• Developing, implementing, promoting, and maintaining compliance standards and procedures that enable the organisation to act in a compliant manner
• Conscientious, reliable, and hardworking and able to work unsupervised
• Good communication skills and high standard of written/verbal communication is essential
• Attention to detail and diligence and assess potential legal and compliance issues
• Be able to work under pressure to meet tight reporting deadlines
• Experience with Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) is considered an asset
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Compliance Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now