Job Title: Compliance Officer
Whilst the last couple of years have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
The role of Compliance Officer is to support the Legal and Compliance Department and the organisation, in addressing the organisation compliance checks and queries, carrying out due diligence, risk assessments and compliance checks, execution of strategies to prevent money laundering and combating finance terrorism.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Assist the Compliance Manager and Chief Compliance Officer in compliance matters
• Responsible for the end-to-end process of the ongoing monitoring process, including compliance reports and Customer Due Diligence review report
• Ensure compliance to all laws and regulations, including Card Schemes Rules
• Prevent merchants being maintained that create money laundering or reputational risk to the organisation
• Research and understanding AML typologies and then apply the characteristics to interrogate transaction data to identify unusual activity
• Assist the Compliance Manager and Chief Compliance officer in undertaking risk assessment and risk management, and determine the ML/FT risks
• Assist in implementing a comprehensive and risk-based approach, an analysis of money laundering and terrorism financial risks across portfolio and operational exposed to the organisation
• Internal and external queries in relation to compliance matters
• Responsible for escalating any findings and prepare compliance risk report
• Assist the Compliance Manager in develop, initiate, maintain, revise, uphold and monitor procedures in accordance to compliance processes
• Carry out investigations and periodic onsite visits (risk assessment) when necessary and required
Experience and Qualifications:
• Degree (or equivalent) or comparable work experience required. Must have 1 to 2 years relevant local working experience in a compliance role
• Broad and/or in-depth technical compliance knowledge in relation to AML/CFT
• Knowledge of regulations and procedures
• Experience in Banking and Financial Services industry, in particular to card schemes and other alternative payments, will be considered as an asset
• Detail oriented with good organizational skills and problem management skills
• The ability to escalation when appropriate
• Able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision; ability to prioritise multiple tasks and bring tasks to completion with established timeframes
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication with ability to explain complex requirements in a clear and concise way
• Developing, implementing, promoting and maintaining compliance standards and procedures that enable the organisation to act in a compliant manner
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Conscientious, reliable and hardworking and able to work unsupervised
• Good communication skills and high standard of written/verbal communication is essential
• Attention to detail and diligence and assess potential legal and compliance issues
• Be able to work under pressure to meet tight reporting deadlines
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Compliance Officer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.