Job Title: Data Architect
Whilst the last couple of years have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
Trust Payments is currently seeking a Data Architect to support the business Data strategy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and delivering a data management framework for the enterprise focused on best practice collection, storage, transformation, distribution, and usage of data assets.
The role will entail working with the wider data team, functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify, design and develop various data solutions in line with company’s goals and objectives.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Designing data architecture solutions that are in line with long-term business objectives
• Developing data management projects that move a company closer to its future goals
• Designing a data infrastructure that supports complex data analytics services
• Define and own the data platform architecture and data strategy
• Defining data flows, i.e., which parts of the organization generate data, which require data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition
• Migrate data from source systems to DWH infrastructure
• Designing and developing complex ETL structures for data ingestion
• Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
• Ensure maximum value is extracted from Trust’s current data assets, partner with loyalty and web store teams to unify all Trust data, and identify new assets for Trust to commercially exploit
• Ideate and build data products for use across the Trust Payments enterprise in partnership with technologies and the Data Science team
• Partner across the data, technology, and operations teams to instil a data-driven culture at Trust Payments
• Create and curate enterprise architecture artefacts including but not limited to entity relationship diagrams, data dictionary and taxonomy for data lineage and traceability
• Manage third parties data sources and lead the transition from batch to API based data feeds
• Oversee data warehouse migrations from Trust Payments M&A activity
Experience and Qualifications:
• Technical working experience as a data architect
• Must have a strong technical background in data architecture and design
• Experience in dimensional modelling and OLAP infrastructures
• Minimum of 3 years demonstrated leadership experience in data architecture roles, including AWS environment (Kinesis, S3, Glue, RDS, Aurora, Neptune, Redshift) In-depth understanding of database structure principles
• Experience gathering and analysing system requirements
• Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
• Expertise in SQL
• The ability to conceptualise holistic architecture solutions that address the needs of an organisation as a whole
• Innovative thinking to devise solutions that address the gap between business needs and technological constraints
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Data Architect opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now