Job Title: Senior Data Scientist – Retail
Whilst the last couple of years have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments recently received a ‘Best Companies’ 2* accreditation from TM Group, which recognises exemplary levels of workplace engagement, leadership and wellbeing within the company. Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
Trust Payments is currently seeking a Senior Data Scientist with a retail focus to support the efforts of our Data Science Team.
This role will suit a candidate with a high analytical-technical savviness and applied analytics experience in Retail.
The successful candidate will be tasked with creating and improving innovative data products focusing on complex retail challenges and pioneering analytical approaches, including tools and algorithms.
The work will include traditional modelling as well as emerging AI approaches. You will be expected to exploit new data sources such as loyalty, digital and basket data for commercial purposes across our proprietary and partner product sets.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Playing a vital part in the Data Science function within Trust Payments creating and improving our retail product suite, including coding and working with clients.
• Identify, analyse, and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets.
• Exploit opportunities to build new data-driven products and services.
• Work alongside payments, loyalty, web and retail products to look at data patterns and build customer strategy for monetising that data and connecting with other products.
• Contribute to a community for data science within the business, upskilling the overall team and creating a data-native mindset and culture.
• Collaborate with Retail, ML, Data Engineering, Automation and Software Development experts.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Analytical-technical savviness
• Applied analytics experience in Retail
• Demonstrated experience using Machine Learning, Python, SQL and visualisation techniques to solve real world retail-related challenges.
• Ability to translate complex mathematical concepts into clear business language.
• Experience in cloud architecture, for example, AWS SageMaker, AWS ETL/ELT processes and databases
• Experience in financial services, ideally payments (gateways, acquiring and processing)
• Proven track record of proactively identifying and creating value in data.
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Senior Data Scientist – Retail opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now