Job Title: Delivery Manager
Whilst the last couple of years have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
A Delivery Manager to work with our great teams across Microservices, Portals, Libraries, Mobile and more.
The Delivery manager needs manage multiple product-based projects across usually 2 teams and may additionally take on additional small projects that are in an oversight capacity. The aim is to take projects assigned and expedite their delivery in the teams by insisting and working to ensure external factors are made favourable, and also the team atmosphere and organisation is optimal for high quality delivery of value at pace.
The Delivery Manager needs act with authority reporting on the projects in flight and also act proactively to clear any obstacles, escalating where appropriate.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Driving delivery in a proactive way based on outcomes from requirements through to ‘go live’ including working with operational and commercial teams to ensure the commercial success of the initiatives.
• Providing timely and accurate reporting to senior stakeholders as a single source of truth with authority and credibility.
• Chair meetings and task forces with authority, drive and stature to ensure that problems are addressed as early as possible, and solutions found.
• Coaching and coordination of the teams regarding Scrum/Agile methodology and self-organisation
• Coaching where necessary the wider organisation with regarding Scrum and Agile methodology – creating harmony and efficiency
• Organise and facilitate all Scrum ceremonies
• Ensure Scrum values and adherence to Scrum rules are observed by the team
• Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
• Be the point of contact for external communications e.g., stakeholders, other teams
• Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
• Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
• Help teams implement changes effectively
• Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
• Ensure Sprint goals are in place and that the team works towards maximum fulfilment of forecasted work for a given sprint
• Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
• Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
Experience and Qualifications:
• Someone who has either stared from being a Scrum Master or someone who comes from traditional project management that has truly embraced Agile. Note this is NOT a pure Scrum Master Role.
• Experience of driving projects from customer requirements through to ‘go live’ with interaction with all external stakeholders to land the business change e.g., operational, sales, commercial. (5+ Years’ Experience)
• Experience of dealing with demanding stakeholders and being the authoritative figure for all matters concerning a projects status and progress.
• Experienced senior scrum master (5+ Years’ experience)
• Experience of transformation and building high performance self-organising teams
• Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (definition of done, definition of ready, user stories, epics automated testing, backlog refinement….)
• Confident in the use of Jira and Confluence
• Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
• Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
• Excellent drive, in terms of building and sustaining predictable delivery
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Sufficient technical knowledge and understanding of software and SDLC to have credibility with the team and across the organisation. MUST have engineers mind to see how whole system works.
• Experienced with CICD
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Delivery Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.