Job Title: Group Account Payable Manager
Whilst the last couple of years have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
• The role requires a confident and experienced Purchase Ledger professional to manage the entirety of their purchase ledger function Ledgers including entry of invoices and supplier statement reconciliations
• Develop and manage the Account payable management function to support business activities and benefit bottom-line profitability
• Managing an outsourced team
• Review cost centre transactional postings and ensure variances to budget and forecast are reviewed and explained and any amendments are processed
• Produce reports as required by management for internal or external use
• Liaise with Treasury and assist with payment authorisations and cashflow forecasting
• Drive change with business partners to improve processes
• Deliver payments to suppliers and employees in a well-controlled and cost-effective environment consistent with objectives set out by Group Finance Controller.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Thorough understanding and processing on day to day tasks including but not limited to authorisation of Invoices, payments and cashflow forecasting
• Assume overall control of the purchase ledger function
• Posting cash payments and allocate to supplier transactions
• Reconcile supplier accounts to supplier statements
• Investigate and resolve discrepancies liaising with suppliers and internal colleagues as necessary
• Build and maintain good business relations with suppliers
• Analyse and post employee expenses
• Raise orders for third party consumables as required in the business
• Coordinate the cash handling, recording and banking process
• Provide the necessary cover for other finance team members, specifically relating to Purchase Ledger duties
• Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required in the furtherance of the company’s business activities
• Reporting KPIS to the Group Finance Controller
• Setting up Direct Debits
• Improving automation for the accounts payable function
• Work together with the senior finance team in implementing PO system and reviewing the cost centre codes to provide further cost analysis
• Develop and maintain adequate controls for the Account Payable function
• Managing and creating any users or accesses on portals or expenses and invoice/PO approval
• Assisting other department within the finance and the company on payment/banking queries
• Management and daily Assessment of the Creditors List and aged creditor days
• Keep an Updated and accurate Creditors Aged List and liaise with our Treasury and Payments Function to determine forthcoming payments
• Implement and Review strict KPIs on credit Balances and Creditor Days
• Maintain and monitor and Control payment plans
Experience and Qualifications:
• Past experienced candidates will be given priority and degrees in banking shall be considered as an asset.
• Leadership skills
• Problem analysis and solving skills
• Strong self-starter and motivator to also motivate other
• Team player
• Microsoft Excel (intermediate level as minimum)
• Working to strict reporting deadlines
• Accounting knowledge desired to ensure invoices reported correctly and in line with budgets
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Group Account Payable Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.