Job Title: Head of Operations Technology
Whilst the last couple of years have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
• Lead Operations Technology department within Trust Payments Group – with teams across UK and US operations
• Own the technology, processes and data flows that underpin the business operations departments
• Drive continuous improvements in processes and data flows across business operations systems to maximise ease of use and operational scaling
• Lead key supplier engagements to ensure operational service performance is optimal, trackable and meets agreed SLAs.
• Lead group wide 24/7 technical operations / support team and strategy across multiple sites. Partnering with Technology and Product teams to deliver next generation monitoring capability.
• Lead group wide incident and problem management team and strategy – collaborating with multiple teams across the business
Duties and responsibilities:
• Provide operations technology leadership and direction to the business
• Ensure that all processes / systems are scalable to meet the company’s growth expectations while retaining data integrity and operational efficiency. This includes:
• Onboarding: To create best in class onboarding and UW systems making use of the latest technology and products on the market
• Client Services & Support: Ensure the teams have omnichannel technology with the ability to offer instant messaging and self service
• Monitoring: Ensure that the organisation has efficient and accurate platform monitoring systems and processes that are scalable
• Compliance: To create a compliance solution that can be used across multiple regulatory jurisdictions.
• Settlement: Review and improve all merchant settlement processes
• Ongoing management and development of the 24/7 technical operation / support team, including scope and strategy of the teams’ deliverables
• Partnering with IT and Product to deliver a centralised monitoring solution to cover all platforms (internal and external) and products
• Owning the group wide incident management and problem management strategy and deliverables – including relevant systems, processes and communication used internally and externally.
• Manage a number of integrations between the various components of the company’s infrastructure.
• Manage the relationship with external service providers that provide integrations into various components of our infrastructure.
• Support the Group COO and the other operations leaders in optimising internal processes and systems across multiple business functions.
• Negotiate and manage internal yearly budgets related to your area
• Regularly report to EXCO on the internal IS landscape, project status and operational requirements
• Set, manage and report relevant KPI’s and metrics – including weekly reporting and monthly reporting to company EXCO
Experience and Qualifications:
• Proven Operations Technology leader
• Strong technology background with understanding of systems, networks, security, database and cloud-based technology
• Previous merchant services / acquiring experience in leadership position
• Strong and effective leader, able to communicate effectively at board level
• A strong problem solver
• Manage high performance teams in an operations technology environment
• Organised and strong relationship builder
• Experience working in a matrix organisation.
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Head of Operations Technology opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.