Job Title: Head of Process Improvement & Automation
Whilst the last couple of years have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments recently received a ‘Best Companies’ 2* accreditation from TM Group, which recognises exemplary levels of workplace engagement, leadership and wellbeing within the company. Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
As the Head of Process Improvement and Automation, you will improve customer and colleague outcomes, unlock productivity, and support scalable growth in a fast-paced organisation.
You will be the key driver of delivering operational process excellence across Trust Payments group; identifying improvement opportunities which have the biggest impact to customer and colleague experience. Working cross-functionally with a broad network from all teams and levels, you will continuously deliver improvements with automation at the core.
You will also be responsible for a small team delivering development activity for our business operations areas, including; self-serve functionality, help centre & knowledge bases and internal workflow and processing.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Lead wide ranging reviews of processes across business operations, identifying improvement opportunities which have the biggest impact to customer and colleague experience.
• Identify weaknesses in current procedures at all levels of the business. Develop and implement solutions using; lean, process improvement and automation.
• Work cross functionally to ensure the development of efficient and scalable end-to-end processes, which have automation at their core.
• Coordinate with process and technology owners to define requirements to support the process changes.
• Drive our Process Optimisation Network (PON) activity to ensure maximum achievement/output for resources expended
• Utilise available resources to:
o Map end-to-end business processes – both as-is and optimised to-be.
o Document systems and processes, delivering a single view of the customer journey.
o Catalogue and manage version control of the group’s operational processes.
o Complete post deployment analysis, monitoring and controls.
• Lead the internal day-to-day development of our Zendesk system and its use across all teams to deliver workflow and straight-through processing.
• Define strategies for and implement self-serve and customer handling automation, utilising omni-channel approaches.
• Be a leading business voice for continuous operational improvements and keep abreast of emerging automation opportunities. Be at the forefront of evolving best practice.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Track record of success leading transformation, with a focus on process optimisation and automation.
• Passionate about automation, you will have a strong understanding of best practice trends, influences and emerging technologies.
• You will be an advocate of cross-functional working, encouraging and nurturing cooperation across functions on key initiatives.
• Highly commercial; you will effectively manage resources, prioritise outcomes and respond to dynamically changing business drivers.
• You will have the energy, passion, and gravitas to work across all teams and levels, to motivate around process change while building and maintaining exceptional relationships.
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Head of Process Improvement & Automation opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now