Job Title: Incident & Problem Analyst
Whilst the last couple of years have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
The role will be responsible for working alongside the Incident and problem manager to assist with major incident and problem management discipline.
The role will support the Incident and Problem manager, NOC and support teams to ensure that processes are adhered to and followed from the point of classification to resolution including initiation of action, documentation of root causes and implementation of resolutions.
The Incident Analyst’s time will be spent supporting the Incident Manager and Trust Payments NOC team in monitoring the Incident lifecycles and managing problem workload to ensure that Service Level Agreement and Operational Level Agreement are respected.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Interrogate data for trends and produce management reports and analysis of the data for Problems and Incidents
• Assist the Incident manager throughout live incidents, including issuing communications and tracking start to end recovery actions
• Document post incident recovery steps to establish Root Cause and aid in process improvements
• Ensure all incidents are accurately logged in the relevant toolset and all date required for historical reporting is captured
• Ensure that Incidents assigned to NOC team are resolved and that service is restored for lower severity incidents
• Identify Incidents for review
• Participate in Incident review following major Incidents
• Identify potential problems and/or increasing trend of repetitive Incidents
• Create Knowledge with repeatable procedures with a goal of reducing the number of Incidents
• Escalate all process issues to the Incident Manager
• Participate in the 24×7 on call duty incident manager rota
Experience and Qualifications:
• Background in Incident & Problem Management roles, with solid understanding of service management frameworks and processes
• Good understanding of IT infrastructure and software (hardware, applications, databases, operating systems, local area networks, Cloud solutions etc)
• Demonstrable knowledge in business continuity and resilience best practices
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with users of many technical skill levels, remaining calm and courteous while working to resolve problems
• Working with a broad spectrum of Stakeholder so the ability to communicate complex technology solutions and their impact in both IT and business terms is essential
• Demonstrable experience of data analysis and trend identification
• Must be an analytical and methodical problem solver with a high attention to detail
• Have a collaborative mindset and be able to work closely with others to deliver
• Ability to make decisions based upon available information
• Experience using ticket / case management systems
• Background in technology and knowledge of the Payment Business Industry
• Understanding of Payment system capabilities and features
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Incident & Problem Analyst opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now