Job Title: Junior Finance Operations Officer
Whilst the last couple of years have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
The Junior Finance Operations Officer will work within the Finance Operations function of Trust Payments, reporting to the Finance Operations Manager and forming an integral part of the finance operations team. Candidate needs to be responsible to adhere to the daily tasks, get familiar with the systems used and respond to merchants’ queries in a timely and professional manner.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Execution of daily processing of payments to be completed in a timely and accurate manner to merchants
• Daily merchant reconciliations
• Reconciliations & reporting for alternative payment methods
• Card Schemes reconciliations
• Negative Balance setoffs against merchants’ payments or bank receipts
• Investigations on merchants’ returned payments
• Calculation of DCC and other third-party commissions as required
• Liaison with Treasury team for manual payments as required
• Setting up/ approving payments on banking portals
• Download and insertion of merchant liability calculation reports required daily
Experience and Qualifications:
• Ability to communicate in English and Via Standard desktop tools
• Ability to work with data using Microsoft Excel and Word
• Payments or banking experience would be well received
• Demonstrates an attention to detail for accuracy and completeness
• Ability to work independently and initiate process improvement
• Conscientious, reliable and diligent
• A willingness to continue to develop professionally and personally
• An excellent communicator who is self-motivated, empathetic and a team player who can work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to have a ‘can-do’ attitude to driving business growth
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High levels of personal and professional accountability and integrity
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Junior Finance Operations Officer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobmate.biz.