Job Title: NOC Team Leader
Whilst the last couple of years have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
The NOC Team Leader is responsible for managing a small on-site team, who provide 24/7 monitoring of the availability and performance of Trust Payments systems and services, both internal and customer facing.
The role holder will manage a team of NOC Analysts, co-ordinating their workload efficiently and effectively. They will provide support, coaching and training to their team members to ensure continued development of the team and the service it provides to the business.
The role holder and their team will co-ordinate with internal teams and 3rd parties to ensure they identify issues quickly and address them both directly and through escalation processes.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Provide 24/7 monitoring services for a complex set of internal and 3rd party systems and connections
• Monitor the reachability of all connections within the network, initiating troubleshooting to address any failures
• Analyse system functions and failures to quickly isolate and define problems
• Manage incidents and follow defined escalation processes
• Communicate throughout any event, ensuring internal and external parties (including customers) are kept up to date
• Track usage and maintain a trend analysis of system load, usage, and responses, allowing for proactive identification of issues
• Perform diagnostic analyses of the network & related systems as and when require
• Provide on-site and remote technical services as necessary to ensure continuing monitoring
• Manage and continually develop their small on-site team with regular reviews including training and development requirements
• Organise and prioritise the team’s workload
• Work with their line manager to provide necessary documentation & reporting on actions required/taken, including root cause analysis of issues
• Carry out general NOC duties as outlined in the NOC Analyst job description, including providing out of hours support on a rotational basis with the team, as required
• Assist the NOC Manager in supporting product teams and other colleagues who are introducing new products and services, to ensure monitoring is a key element of any implementation. This will include testing and implementation of any new processes
• Contribute to the management of disaster recovery processes, providing support within any incident as required
• Comply with all legislation and codes of practice appropriate to the role
• Deputise for the NOC Manager where required
Experience and Qualifications:
• Previous experience within a NOC environment or similar for 2 years
• Working knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of infrastructure, connections and user facing systems
• Demonstrable ability to problem solve both proactively and reactively
• Ability to prioritise workloads, often with competing priorities
• Advanced computing skills
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Background in technology and knowledge of the Payment Business Industry
• Understanding of Payment system capabilities and features
• Programming skills (macros & scripts)
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting NOC Team Leader opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.