Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
Whilst the last couple of years have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
The Senior Finance Manager is to manage all financial and management accounting within the business and contribute to the wider leadership group for progressive improvements on procedures and business KPI deliverables. The role is part of finance function of Trust Payments, reporting to the Group Financial Controller and managing a Finance and Accounting team to ensure all aspects of financial reporting and statutory reporting are met on time. The role must ensure good control and governance of financial procedures in a highly dynamic and fast growing fintech business, some of these activities being regulated by the FCA and other regulators.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Ensuring good controls, systems, and processes in place to support a fast growing fintech business
• Assist and support company subsidiaries in month end and year end management accounts.
• Maintains general accounting, cost accounting, payables and receivables, and general ledger reconciliation through the team.
• Ensures appropriate cash flow to satisfy business demands by managing the company’s balance sheet items.
• Monitors the organization’s banking activity and bank balances.
• Assign time-sensitive tasks to employees.
• Review financial-related contracts with the legal department.
• Understand all of the company’s finance products and stay informed with the financial markets.
• Work under and with the CFO and Financial Controller in the preparation and allocation of financial reports of the company.
• Advise departments with budgeting questions and needs.
• Oversee the regular payments of the company ensuring they are on time and of the correct amount.
• Review multiple reports on a weekly basis on the company’s financial expenditures by various departments.
• Production of timely and accurate financial reporting (statutory also)
• Overview for group consolidation activities
• Providing appropriate financial information/data to support budget holders within the company
• Ability to lead the day-to-day finance operations of the finance function
Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience working in a financial accounting function
• Proven track record in FCA regulated business
• Experience in a similar type business (Payments).
• Fully qualified accountant
• Experienced in a matrix structure
• Experienced working in a multi-business group
• Strong reporting and interpersonal skills
• Strong Accounting and/or Audit background
• An excellent communicator who is self-motivated, empathetic and a team player who can work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to operate at senior level with a proven track record of strategic thinking and a ‘can-do’ attitude to driving business growth
• Similarly, payments or banking experience would be well received
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High levels of personal and professional accountability and integrity
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Senior Finance Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.