Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Whilst the last couple of years have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
Develop financial payment systems fit for purpose by taking a senior role in the development team.
The Senior Software Developer will play a critical role in leading the design, development, and implementation of our software solutions.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies. To write clean and healthy structured code
• To build future proof reusable code libraries, which can be shared, in-order to drive further efficiencies throughout the team
• To deliver code which is well tested and consistently error free. Design, architect, and develop software solutions that align with business requirements, ensuring scalability, performance, and maintainability
• Contribute to the creation and maintenance of comprehensive technical documentation, including system designs, architectural decisions, and coding standards
Security Standards & Data Protection:
• To be aware of latest data protection and security threats and to make sure solutions mitigate against these risks using known industry standards and Internal Company Tools and Services
Software Tools and Processes:
• Review and utilise industry standard software development tools such as source control, deployment servers and build servers where appropriate in an effective manner
• Assist the technical leader in enforcing the chosen development process
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and QA engineers, to understand project requirements, provide technical insights, and ensure successful project delivery
• Drive continuous improvement initiatives, identifying areas for process optimization, automation, and productivity enhancement
• Assist the technical leader to calculate work estimates
• Quality and Standards – Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
• Participate in code reviews, offering constructive feedback to ensure adherence to coding standards, best practices, and high-quality code
• Troubleshoot and debug complex software issues, identifying root causes and implementing effective solutions to ensure the stability and reliability of software applications
Mentoring and Training:
• Lead and mentor other software developers, providing guidance, support, and technical leadership throughout the software development lifecycle
• Carry out instructions given by the Development Team Leader/Manager
Experience and Qualifications:
• Advanced level (knowledge and experience) of programming languages and methodologies
• Excellent understanding of security standards
• Experience designing, building, and managing RESTful APIs
• Experience with high-availability, fault-tolerance, and performance testing and tuning
• Familiar with the AWS suite of services to complement applications
• Experienced in API integrations
• Experienced in programming languages (Python)
• Experienced writing unit tests using appropriate tools
• Experienced using version control tools
• Experienced in CI tools (Gitlab Pipelines) from application configuration aspect
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
• Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
• Bright, highly self-motivated and driven with a professional and positive approach
• Ability to drive development forward, work independently, whilst mentoring, collaborating, and motivating team members
• Passionate about software development, with a general thirst for technology & interest in new tools & methodologies
• Experience in financial services, ideally payments (gateways, acquiring and processing)
• Experience of people leadership and coaching
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Senior Software Developer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now