Job Title: Business Development Manager
Most of Trust Payments are still working from home at present but we are starting to return to our Covid secure offices on a flexible basis. It’s great to see some old faces, and many new ones. Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
This role is a new business role. We are looking for a Business Development Manager with a proven payments sales background, who will proactively seek prospective merchants and partners, selling the products and services of Trust Payments omnichannel commerce solutions.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for boarding new clients and partners with a core focus on generating processing volume, revenue and margin.
Our company has offices across the UK, Malta and the USA. This role is for UK and European sales.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Seek new business prospects proactively with a view to selling in the benefits of Trust Payments mix of products and services
• Contacting prospects through multiple channels to maximise customer engagement
• Spot cross and up-sell opportunities, which can add value to customers and revenue for Trust Payments
• Negotiate commercial and contractual terms
• Ongoing maintenance of the CRM system for accurate reporting, forecasting and pipeline management
• Represent TRU//ST Payments at trade events where required
• Complete full sales cycle with merchants, until ready to hand client to our Account Management team for day to day handling
• Complete full sales cycle with partners and continue to grow their portfolio of introduced merchants
• Travel to meetings with prospect clients and partners, within guidelines
Experience and Qualifications:
• Proven track record in new business sales
• Knowledge of the payments industry
• Experience with card present and card not present solutions
• Hunger for exceeding targets and success driven
• Able to perform either independently or as part of a team
• Attention to detail, and able to intelligently present a solution to client needs
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Business Development Manager opportunity, please press ‘Apply’ now!