Job Title: Business Development Manager – Emerging Vertical
Most of Trust Payments are still working from home at present but we are starting to return to our Covid secure offices on a flexible basis. It’s great to see some old faces, and many new ones. Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
To grow TRUST‘ direct merchants portfolio within high risk industries such as Forex, Crypto, Dating, Financial Services, etc. and serve as a dedicated point of contact once onboarded. The BD Manager builds trusted relationships and acts as an interface between Partner, STL & Acquiring.com. They hold the responsibility for the Lead Generation, Initial Contact, Application and Onboarding Process of our businesses. In addition, they will be required to also cross sell existing products to drive additional revenue.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Generate new pipeline of merchants for TRUST in the high risk industries.
• Primary Commercial contact point for new Business representing TRUST.
• Seek new business prospects proactively with a view to selling in the benefits of Trust Payments mix of products and services
• Contacting prospects through multiple channels to maximise customer engagement
• Spot cross and up-sell opportunities, which can add value to customers and revenue for Trust Payments
• Negotiate commercial and contractual terms
• Ongoing maintenance of the CRM system for accurate reporting, forecasting and pipeline management
• Represent Trust Payments at trade events where required
• Complete full sales cycle with merchants, until ready to hand client to our Account Management team for day-to-day handling
• Complete full sales cycle with partners and continue to grow their portfolio of introduced merchants
• Travel to meetings with prospect clients and partners, within guidelines
• Generate reports on business performance for onboarded Accounts
• New sales campaigns
• Market research
Experience and Qualifications:
• Account Management/Sales background in technology based products and services
• Proven track record in new business sales
• Knowledge of the payments industry
• Hunger for exceeding targets and success driven
• Able to perform either independently or as part of a team
• Good ability to build relationships and network with relevant groups both internally and externally (banks, suppliers, third parties)
• Working knowledge of PSP, Acquiring and Gateway solutions
• Working knowledge of Acquiring banks and the processes they use
• Team player, excellent inter-personal skills
• Strong communication and teamwork skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Awareness of TRUST’s range of products
• Awareness of competitor’s products within the industry
• Understanding of Payment systems capabilities and features
• Ability to perform the role of a good ambassador for the organisation at all times
• Being able to perform and be comfortable working in a less structured, dynamic and changing environment
• Strong self starter and motivator
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building