Job Title: Business Development Manager
Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
Trust Payments is recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join the Wonderlane Team and help drive the success of the brand.
This role is a new business role for someone with a proven background in retail and hospitality with EPOS and Inventory Management experience. The candidate will proactively seek prospective clients in the Tier 1 & Tier 2 verticals across the UK, initially within Retail.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing a pipeline and identifying the key stakeholders within each business, while networking and growing the opportunities.
Our company has offices across the UK, Malta and the USA. This role is for UK sales initially with a view to expand into Europe.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Seek new business prospects proactively with a view to selling the Wonderlane Products and Services including EPOS, Inventory Management, Click & Collect, Payment Solutions, Self-Checkout and other solutions
• A consultative sales approach, understanding the potential customers business and providing best practice solutions
• Spot cross and up-sell opportunities, which can add value to customers and revenue for Trust Payments as a group
• Negotiate commercial and contractual terms for long term contracts
• Database management including ongoing maintenance of the CRM system for accurate reporting, forecasting and pipeline management
• Attend and represent the business at events, shows and other industry gatherings
• Travel throughout the UK to customer sites, Trust Payments offices and other meetings
Experience and Qualifications:
• A proven track record in new business sales with a hunter mentality. This is not an Account Managers role
• Show a hunger and a desire to exceed targets and achieve success, which will be rewarded and recognised
• A good knowledge of the EPOS industry, including main players, UK competitors and new technology solutions
• An understanding of the UK Retail and Hospitality Sectors.
• Experience selling SaaS & PaaS licenses at C Level
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows and Sales Force
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building