Job Title: Company Secretary
Reports to: Group CEO
Whilst most of Trust Payments are working from home at present, our Covid secure offices are still open for those that can’t work from home. We’ve hired and onboarded more than 60 people virtually since the pandemic started and have grown significantly as a business. We’ve adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls, to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first, during such difficult times. Feedback from our new hires has been really positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it make them feel integrated into Trust from the start.
Main purpose of the job:
To ensure all the Group’s company reporting and other obligations including interactions between board members are managed in an accurate manner. The role covers the company secretarial responsibilities for the group and all subsidiaries. The Company Secretary must have the requisite knowledge and experience to carry out of the functions of secretary of the company.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Acts as company secretary to the Group ExCo, Malta ExCo and any additional committees, chairs, and counsels.
• Minute and redact group meetings as required
• Maintain the company statutory books including accurate registration of changes the business structure.
• File annual returns at Companies House and other documents including directors’ report and audit report, and financial statements including assets and liabilities.
• Arrange meetings for directors and shareholders, including notice of meetings, preparation of agenda, circulation of relevant information and produce minutes of those meetings.
• Prepare a regular Company Secretarial report for the ExCo.
• Undertake annual corporate governance review
• Review the Trust Payments website regularly ensuring the data reported is accurate
• Keep up to date with the latest Corporate Governance and regulatory changes through a variety of bodies and institutes.
• Provide advice to all directors and board members on matters of governance
• Ensure the security of the company’s legal documents.
• Decide on company policy for the filing and retention of documents.
• Take on a variety of other company related administrative duties as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Proven experience as a Company Secretary working with board members.
• Ideally a member of any of the following bodies: ICA, ACCA,CSA,CIMA, CIPFA.
• Understanding of payments, fintech or financial services businesses.
• Relevant qualifications, academic record, or demonstrable experience as a Company Secretary.
• Experience working for FCA or MFSA regulated businesses.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Strong Executive and Board-Level communication skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience working in matrix environments, with dotted line responsibilities across multiple lines and geographies.