Job Title: Complaince Officer
Whilst most of Trust Payments are working from home at present due to local guidelines, our Covid secure offices have still been open for people that can’t work from home. We’ve hired and onboarded more than 70 people virtually since the pandemic started and have grown significantly as a business. Our plan is to exceed that in 2021 and a further 100+ people across our many locations.
We’ve adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls, to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first, during such difficult times. Feedback from our new hires has been really positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it make them feel integrated into Trust from the start.
Main purpose of the job:
You will develop and maintain regulatory compliance policies and will carry out ongoing monitoring and investigations on merchants and business partners and other vendors across the Trust Payments business.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain regulatory compliance policies and procedures including KYC, AML and sanctions screening
• Identify, assess, and manage compliance risks across business activities in the UK
• Develop and maintain appropriate control measures to monitor KYC, AML, complaint handling, safeguarding and sanctions
• Ensure compliance to all card scheme rules and regulations
• Maintain current and extensive knowledge of the relevant laws and regulatory guidelines in the UK and beyond
• Train staff on new regulatory developments and report on any regulatory changes ensuring Trust’s compliance policy is updated in relation to this
• Support compliance testing, internal or external audits and regulatory exams and inquiries
• Undertake risk assessment and risk management and determine the ML/FT risks to which the applicant for business exposes
• Implement suitable compliance controls to new business initiatives and new products
• Manage effective due diligence and monitoring program to third parties and vendors
Experiance and Qualifications:
• Degree educated or comparable work experience required within an acquirer, payment services provider, financial institution, bank, fin-tech or other financial regulatory business
• Relevant professional development compliance qualifications from ICA, CISI or other professional development body
• Strong understanding of payments including acquiring and gateway
• Regulatory experience e g FCA
• Experience building AML/KYC programmes
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal, presentation and organization skills
• Demonstrated skills in risk assessment
• Able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and bring tasks to completion within established timeframes
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication
• Working knowledge of key regulatory /consumer bodies including: FCA, MasterCard and Visa.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex requirements