Job Title: Data Architect
Main purpose of the job:
Responsible for the design, development and management of the business data architecture. Identify strategic data requirements and design models to align with the technology vision.
Duties and responsibilities:
– Identify strategic data requirements for the all business data.
– Determine how the data will be stored and utilised.
– Assess the internal and external data and design blueprint to manage the available data.
– Create inventory of data and store data in easily accessible format
– Design and develop complex database management systems, with segregation for authorised access only.
– Create back up plan to cater for the data needs of the company in times of emergency or cyber attack
– Research to collate new data and update the company’s database from time to time
– Maintain and develop the architecture
– Learn new techniques for data modelling and management
– Comply with the Health and Safety at work Act (1974) and relevant directives in all activities.
– Compliance on all relevant aspects of GDPR as appropriate to the role.
– No job description can cover every issue which may arise within the role at various times. In order to maintain an effective service, you may be required to undertake any other reasonable tasks, which is broadly consistent with those in this document as determined by your line manager.
Experience and Qualifications:
– A Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or an IT related course.
– At least 8 years of experience in an IT related role. Minimum 3 years of experience as a solution or data architect.
– Experience of defining and implementing data architecture solutions and data strategies.
– Experience of AWS technologies.
– Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
– Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate brilliant ideas founded on rock-solid strategic thinking
Other significant job requirements:
– Good product knowledge.
– Bright, highly self-motivated and driven with a professional and positive approach.
– Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
– Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment.
– Passionate about IT with a general thirst for digital knowledge and a significant interest in new emerging technologies.
– Reliable, flexible and cooperative.
– Diplomatic and tactful.
– Ability to perform the role of a good ambassador for the organisation at all times
– Typically, a 36.5-hour week with occasional out of hours maintenance work
– The role is based out of the Bangor office, but the role does require the occasional travel to other offices (London and Malta).
– The position will carry autonomy within defined parameters, and the post-holder will be encouraged to take responsibility for decision-making within the strategic plan framework.