Job Title: Data Scientist
Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group.
Trust Payments is currently seeking a Data Scientist to support the efforts of the recently created Data Science Team.
This role will suit a candidate with a high analytical-technical savviness proven by work experience.
The chosen candidate will be tasked with creating and improving innovative data products focusing on complex challenges and pioneering analytical approaches including tools and algorithms.
The work will include traditional modelling as well as machine learning where applicable. You will be expected to exploit new data sources such as loyalty, digital and basket data for commercial purposes across our proprietary and partner product sets.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in building the Data Science function within Trust Payments.
• Identify, analyse, and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets.
• Exploit opportunities to build new data-driven products and services.
• Work alongside payments, loyalty, web and retail products, to look at data patterns and build customer strategy for monetising that data and connecting with other payment products.
• Contribute to a community for data science within the business, upskilling the overall team and creating a data-native mindset and culture.
• Collaborate with Data Engineering, Automation and Software Development experts
Experience and Qualifications:
• Analytical-technical savviness
• Minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in analytical roles, including machine learning using Python and SQL
• Ability to translate complex mathematical concepts into clear business language
• Experience in retail analytics
• Experience in cloud architecture, for example, AWS SageMaker, AWS ETL/ELT processes and OLAP databases
• Familiarity with BI software, e.g. QuickSight, PowerBI, Tableau
• Experience in financial services, ideally payments (gateways, acquiring and processing)
• Proven track record of proactively identifying and creating value in data
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Data Scientist opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now