Job Title: Developer
Most of Trust Payments are still working from home at present but we are starting to return to our Covid secure offices on a flexible basis. It’s great to see some old faces, and many new ones. Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
Full stack developer, working at all levels of the technology stack from database, backend software, web layer to front-end development.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Analyse use cases to derive the most appropriate design to meet the business requirements
• Implement solutions against agreed engineering standards within a disciplined CI / CD build environment
• Deliver quality code consistently through teams following Agile working practices to support delivery of the product roadmaps
Experience and Qualifications:
• Retail and/or payments domain
• Working in an Agile and Kanban environment
• Object oriented programming in a language such as Java or C#
• Android in Java and/or Kotlin
• Standard relational database CRUD operations and creation/use of stored procedures in MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server
• React JS
• Hibernate / Entity Framework
• AWS DynamoDB
• AWS serverless architecture including API Gateway, Lambda, VPC, ECS, Fargate
• Effective communicator, both internally to colleagues and externally to customers
• A keen balance between creativity, fastidious working, technological curiosity, and good organizational skills
• Adaptable, energetic, positive and motivated when tackling challenging problems
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building