Job Title: Fraud Analyst
Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
Support the Fraud Team in performing daily monitoring activities to mitigate fraud risks.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To handle queries relating to prospective and existing merchants, in an array of possible manners, ensuring that a good relationship is constantly maintained with all customers, whilst ensuring the provision of a quality service
• Assisting/Substituting peers as considered necessary
• Identify and explore new approaches and data sources to support improvements to existing and new fraud strategies
• Ability to anticipate problems, opportunities, and the initiative to pursue solutions
• Review merchant transactions to flag or identify suspicious activity via our alert system. Flag any transactional pattern that does not fit the expected activity and perform investigation to ensure compliance with card scheme regulations, internal policy and procedure
• Responsible for reviewing Fraud and Chargeback levels on a weekly/monthly basis as per card scheme regulations and also internal accepted levels
• Interact with banks and customers to validate information and to facilitate any investigations being carried out by external authorities
• Identify system improvements to prevent fraudulent activities and ensure confidentiality of all information collected from tools
• Creating Procedures and Forms to make work more efficient within the team and when there needs to be communication with other departments
• To cover the monitoring function 7/7 (on a rotation basis)– administrator on the various system used with the aim of testing new features, effectiveness of the changes, new releases etc
Experience and Qualifications:
• Must be able to work to a high level of accuracy
• Be able to work under pressure to meet tight reporting deadlines
• Strong self-starter and motivator
• Think independently and take action
• Meticulous, conscientious and systematic
• Detail oriented with good organizational skills
• Conscientious, reliable and hardworking and able to work unsupervised
• Analytical skills to identify and assess potential security issues
• Good communication skills and high standard of written/verbal communication is essential
• Good working knowledge of Visa and MasterCard chargeback regulations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Fraud Analyst opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now