Job Title: Fraud Analyst
Reports to: Fraud Manager
Main purpose of the job:
Support the Fraud Team in performing daily monitoring activities to mitigate fraud risks.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To handle queries relating to prospective and existing merchants, in an array of possible manners, ensuring that a good relationship is constantly maintained with all customers, whilst ensuring the provision of a quality service.
• Assisting/substituting peers as considered necessary.
• Identify and explore new approaches and data sources to support improvements to existing and new fraud strategies.
• Ability to anticipate problems, opportunities, and the initiative to pursue solutions.
• Review merchant transactions to flag or identify suspicious activity via our alert system. Flag any transactional pattern that does not fit the expected activity and perform investigation to ensure compliance with card scheme regulations, internal policy and procedure.
• Responsible for reviewing Fraud and Chargeback levels on a weekly/monthly basis as per card scheme regulations and also internal accepted levels.
• Interact with banks and customers to validate information and to facilitate any investigations being carried out by external authorities.
• Identify system improvements to prevent fraudulent activities and ensure confidentiality of all information collected from tools.
• Creating procedures and Forms to make work more efficient within the team and when there needs to be communication with other departments
• To cover the monitoring function 7/7 (on a rotation basis)– administrator on the various system used with the aim of testing new features, effectiveness of the changes, new releases etc.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
• Must be able to work to a high level of accuracy
• Be able to work under pressure to meet tight reporting deadlines
• Strong self-starter and motivator
• Think independently and take action
• Meticulous, conscientious and systematic
• Detail oriented with good organizational skills
• Conscientious, reliable and hardworking and able to work unsupervised
• Analytical skills to identify and assess potential security issues
• Good communication skills and high standard of written/verbal communication is essential
• Good working knowledge of Visa and MasterCard chargeback regulations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel & PowerPoint