Job Title: Full Stack Senior Ruby on Rails Developer – Stor eCommerce Platform
About Trust Payments:
Trust Payments is a leading financial technology company dual-headquartered in London, Atlanta, Malta and Dublin. We offer payment processing, SaaS products and application programming interfaces for eCommerce, POS, Loyalty and Mobile. We’re helping thousands of SME merchants and some of the world’s biggest companies build significant global scale.
Stor offers an all-in-one web shop solution which makes it easy to start, run and scale an online business. Full of features and tools to help merchants effectively run and manage every aspect of their online shop. We have a large modular monolithic Rails application, and we are looking to expand our development team to help us to deliver an industry leading product into the marketplace, at scale.
Main purpose of the job:
You’ll play a key part in building and maintaining our critical infrastructure. Designing robust, scalable and secure features, reviewing and supporting code across every part of our ever-evolving platform. Taking ideas from requirements to production code and being responsible for quality at every step along the way, coupled with ensuring excellent test coverage.
You’ll work with some great technology including but not limited to; Ruby 3 and Rails 6, Kubernetes, Docker, Digital Ocean, AWS/S3, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Apache Cassandra, Memcached, Gitlab, Elasticsearch, Coffee Script, React JS.
What we’re looking for from you:
• Deep experience of Ruby on Rails in a production environment and excellent understanding of relational databases and SQL
• Using test-driven development to write well-tested, memory aware code
• Experience of distributed service architectures, including how best to test and release them, and how to ensure system stability when making changes independent of other services
• Experience working with RESTful APIs, version control (we use GitLab), CI and testing tools like RSpec/Minitest/Capybara
• As a remote-first company that’s flexible with working schedules, we are open to hearing from fully or partially remote candidates
Experiance and Qualifications:
• You must be a Ruby developer with 5 years+ commercial experience
• You must have a strong foundation of design principles relating to platform development, security, data modeling and scaling
• You must have excellent written and spoken English
• You must have a collaborative, empirical and experimental approach to solving problems
It would be great if you had:
• Experience working with SaaS/PaaS (preferably commerce or consumer-facing) products
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Developer Conferences
• Team Hack Days
• Regular Health and Wellbeing sessions including fitness, nutrition and other events
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance