Job Title: HR Business Partner
Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group.
This is an integral role within the global HR function for Trust Payments. In your role you will work closely with the Group Head of HR and deputise for them where necessary, mentor other team members in across the EU, work on key HR projects and act as a Business Partner to key members of the Executive Committee Team. We have a strong people culture in which we are committed to developing and retaining the best employees to deliver excellent services to our clients.
Please note that some international travel is required for this role.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Work with the Group Head of HR to deliver the Company’s People strategy
• Take responsibility for managing HR initiatives to ensure we are achieving the plan
• Performance Management – Ensure that managers and employees are conducting performance reviews
• Ensure compliance with Employment Law across all jurisdictions to minimize risk to Trust Payments
• Report on and monitor people dashboard to ensure there is proactive management of people including employee engagement and retention
• Employee Relations – Manage employee cases of sickness, performance and disciplinary to ensure that the situations are managed effectively and come to a suitable conclusion for the company
• Work with line managers to ensure employees performance is being managed well and in line with their objectives
• Employee Engagement – lead on the annual Employee engagement survey process and devise action plans
• Work with Finance and the Group Head of HR to track the annual workforce plan and budget
• Employee Benefits – Ensure benefits are competitive, suggesting new ideas and working with the HR Operations Team Leader to renew benefits annually
• Working closely with the Recruitment team
• Work closely with the HR Operations Team Leader to ensure the effective onboarding of new employees
• Provide coaching to the HR Assistants in order to support their development
• HR Policies – Support on drafting and reviewing new and existing policies to ensure compliance with employment law
Experience and Qualifications:
• Held previous HR Manager/Business Partner role in a fast-growing company
• Proven experience of working in fast paced organisations preferably in a technology, financial services, or payments sector
• Able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills
• Comfortable in developing team members and empowering staff
• Demonstrates commercial acumen – partners with the business to deliver commercially focused people strategies and has a good overall understanding of company finances and uses this to develop policies
• Solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of HR situations
• Evidence of having a passion for working with people and working beyond the confines of the job description
• Organisational skills – personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key
• Being able to understand company finances, resourcing and the ultimate aims
• Professional expertise – A strong working knowledge of employment law issues, best practice processes for disciplinaries, redundancies and payroll is required
• Educated to degree level preferably in Business Studies/Human Resource Management preferential
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting HR Business Partner opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now