Job Title: Incident & Problem Manager
Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
The role will own and be responsible for the major incident and problem management discipline, ensuring an effective and coordinated set of processes are developed and maintained across all services, suppliers, partners, and customers.
The incident & problem management role will support the Trust Payments NOC and support teams by ensuring (when incidents occur) normal service is restored as quickly as possible. By consciously improving related processes, making available and acting upon high-quality data, the incident manager will take play a key role in eliminating or mitigating the impact of incidents.
The role will facilitate investigations into the root causes of incidents, make temporary solutions (workarounds) available, and develop final solutions for known errors.
The Incident Manager’s time will be spent identifying trends or historical data of incidents and services, promoting the processes through training and documentation as well as reporting to and collaborating with internal stakeholders either when facilitating the recovery efforts or reviewing incident and associated processes to better prepare for future incidents.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Co-ordinates rapid response to major incidents and problems, ensuring that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve them, with minimal downtime to systems and services
• Undertake post incident reviews. Ensure processes are followed to engage all parties in the delivery of resolution and Root Cause Analysis for all major incident
• Coordinate all activities required to respond to incidents in compliance with SLAs and OLAs
• Interrogate data for trends and produce management reports and analysis of the data for Problems and Incidents
• Document post incident recovery steps in order to establish Root Cause, aid in Process improvements, identify deviations and to enable creation of a Knowledge Base
• Create and distribute an incident performance dashboards and reports (cause, method of identification, recovery time, Impact, etc)
• Ensure all incidents are accurately logged in the relevant toolset and all date required for historical reporting is captured
• Take ownership in facilitating problem diagnosis, coordinating suppliers and internal teams to identify and plan resolution of the underlying root cause of issues
• Deliver Incident and Problem Management process training to support team
• Own and participate in the 24×7 on call duty incident manager rota
Experience and Qualifications:
• Background in Incident & Problem Management roles, with solid understanding of service management frameworks and processes
• Good understanding of IT infrastructure and software (hardware, applications, databases, operating systems, local area networks, Cloud solutions etc)
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with users of many technical skill levels, remaining calm and courteous while working to resolve problems
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Incident & Problem Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now