Job Title: Junior Account Manager
Reports to: Head of EMEA Sales and Account Management
Whilst most of Trust Payments are working from home at present due to local guidelines, our Covid secure offices have still been open for people that can’t work from home. We’ve hired and onboarded more than 70 people virtually since the pandemic started and have grown significantly as a business. Our plan is to exceed that in 2021 and a further 100+ people across our many locations.
We’ve adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls, to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first, during such difficult times. Feedback from our new hires has been really positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it make them feel integrated into Trust from the start.
Main purpose of the job:
As an Account Manager, you will be assigned your own Partner/Merchant portfolio and you will be a key stakeholder to the growth of the business. It will be your responsibility to nurture and grow the business relationship with the Partners & Merchants within your portfolio directly impacting the revenue of the company. Constantly taking a pro-active approach will be key to your success in this role.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Manage an assigned portfolio of accounts through building and maintaining long-term trusted relationships;
• Monitor the performance of the accounts within your portfolio and take prompt action to minimise loss of business;
• Working with your Partners to achieve growth in your portfolio by adding new merchants and increasing volume from existing ones;
• Act as first point of contact to troubleshoot any issues that your assigned Partners & Merchants are experiencing;
• Tracking, chasing and following-up on merchants’ contracts and other activity on their accounts;
• Overseeing the submission of applications for new merchants;
• Be the liaison between internal teams and Partners/Merchants;
• Participate in any projects that the Account Management team is working on.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills :
• Good Proficiency in written and spoken English (other languages considered an asset);
• Experience in a similar role will be considered an asset;
• Experience in card acquiring or payments processing will be considered an asset;
• Ability to work independently with good organization, time management and planning skills;
• Team player mentality with problem solving skills and able to think outside of the box;
• Be able to take responsibility and ownership.