Job title: Junior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Reports to: Head of Development
Main purpose of the job:
Junior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) part of a team who combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Work closely with our Development, Quality Engineering and Security teams to continuously improve our systems.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and improve reliability and velocity
- Coding infrastructure automation with Terraform
- Respond to availability incidents and provide support for system incidents. This will be on a rota basis.
- Comply with the Health and Safety at work Act (1974) and relevant directives in all activities.
- Compliance on all relevant aspects of GDPR as appropriate to the role.
- No job description can cover every issue which may arise within the role at various times. In order to maintain an effective service, you may be required to undertake any other reasonable tasks, which is broadly consistent with those in this document as determined by your line manager.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Programming skills ideally Python
- Experience of AWS although training will be provided
- Experience of building CI/CD pipelines
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and assertiveness skills
- Knowledge of technology-based products and services.
- Awareness of Trust Payments Limited range of products.
- Understanding of Payment system capabilities and features.
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office, Sales force, DMS, data handling, record keeping.
Other significant job requirements:
- Good product knowledge.
- Bright, highly self-motivated and driven with a professional and positive approach.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment.
- Passionate about Software Development, with a general thirst for digital knowledge and a significant interest in new emerging technologies.
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate brilliant ideas founded on rock-solid strategic thinking
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative.
- Diplomatic and tactful.
- Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence.
- Ability to perform the role of a good ambassador for the organisation at all times
- Typically, a 36.5 hour week with occasional out of hours maintenance work
- The role is based out of the Bangor office, but the role does require the occasional travel to other offices (London and Malta).
- The position will carry autonomy within defined parameters, and the post-holder will be encouraged to take responsibility for decision-making within the strategic plan framework.