Job Title: Middle IT Technician
Most of Trust Payments are still working from home at present but we are starting to return to our Covid secure offices on a flexible basis. It’s great to see some old faces, and many new ones. Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
Working at part of the IT Helpdesk team, who are the primary point of contact for staff seeking assistance with company IT systems and services.
Responsible for the installation and configuration of computer hardware and software within the company.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting
• Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability
• Troubleshoot and repair or replace computer systems, hardware, and computer peripherals. This will include liaising with third party suppliers
• Upgrading the entire PC system to enable compatible software on all computers
• Installing and upgrading anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level
• Performing tests and evaluations of new software and hardware
• Undertaking training of staff for new systems or procedures. Writing training materials and self-help guides
• Promoting the Helpdesk Self Help portal and ensuring its content is relevant and current
• Assist the training of Junior IT Technicians, sharing best practices and approach to give excellent customer support
• Championing excellent relationships with all departments and colleagues
• Managing technical documentation
• Serve as the first point of contact for staff seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
• Maintain hardware inventory data and system
• Server room organisation and maintenance work (server rack mounting, UPS installation, network and power cable runs etc.) including generator and air conditioning maintenance
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
• 2+ years of experience in computer networks and systems maintenance
• MS900 certificate or equivalent
• A+, Linux+, or Cisco Certified Network Associate accreditation advantageous
• Proficient in database programming and software installation, including PowerShell
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and other general applications
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building