Job Title: Operations Support Officer
Reports to: Head of Operations
Main purpose of the job:
Working within the Operations Department, the Operations Support Officer will be responsible for maintaining proper and
correct merchant records as well as promptly handle merchant onboarding processes and vetting of applications. merchant
queries through email or telephone.
Incumbent will also be required to assist with merchant queries through email or telephone and offering Customer Support Services when required.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Handle the setting-up of merchant accounts on internal and, when necessary, external systems.
• Check validity of data inputted by other team members.
• Ensure that systems are properly and accurately updated.
• Liase with the Commercial Team, PSP’s and other deparments as may be necessary.
• Handle day-to-day functions within the Operations Department and ensure that client queries are handled promptly and efficiently.
• Identify and define issues being raised by internal or external parties and work to a speedy resolution.
• Answer incoming email or telephone queries from merchants and provide resolution within a timely manner.
• Assist and substitute peers when necessary.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
• General Education level SEC Grade 5
• 2 years’ experience in a similar environment
• Card Acquiring knowledge highly advantageous
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
• Fluent knowledge of French and/or German considered an asset.
• Proficiency in MS Office particularly Word and Excel
• In-depth knowledge of Salesforce and Omnipay would be considered an asset.
• Basic knowledge of PCI (Payment Card Industry) requirements
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and perform well under pressure
• Willingness to go the extra mile to learn and work autonomously
• Must be detail oriented and meticulous
• Team player