Job Title: Operations Team Lead
Most of Trust Payments are still working from home at present but we are starting to return to our Covid secure offices on a flexible basis. It’s great to see some old faces, and many new ones. Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
The Operations Team Lead is a new role, and key as the business grows and our customer support functions evolve. You will work closely with the US Head of Operations to shape the Operations Team and will be a vital part of achieving our ambitions goals of taking the service we provide our customers to the next level.
You will use your skills and experience as a customer service/support lead to coach, mentor and develop the team into an effective customer focused service desk, delivering outstanding levels of customer service throughout the support life cycle.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Leading and moulding the USA Operations Team towards outstanding customer service
• Managing a team of Operations Support Officers and co-ordinating / overseeing their workload efficiently and effectively on a day-to-day basis
• Resolving escalated issues within the teams
• Liaise with Service Support, Technical Support, and Integrations Support as needed
• Liaise with Engineering as needed.
• Providing weekly reports for the Head of Operations regarding issues, sign-ups and workload
• Conduct meetings with the team as required (on-going issues, requirements, 1:1s etc.)
• Keep the Head of Operations updated on support issues, and request assistance where needed
• On request, provide additional data for management reporting
• Managing Operations Team projects, and being the main contact on projects that involve the Operations team
Experience and Qualifications:
• 2+ years leading a service desk or customer service orientated support team
• 3+ years working in a service desk or customer support team
• Strong customer orientation
• Proactive approach to customer issues
• Responding to merchant queries in a timely manner with patience and empathy
• Acting as an inspiring Team Leader for Executives to help them continue to improve and grow professionally
• Ability to work accurately in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Strong Leadership
• Effective Decision Making
• Customer Service
• Proactive approach to customer issues
• Payments Industry
• Ecommerce Platforms
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building