Job Title: Procurement Manager
Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for defining the Procurement processes and Supplier Code of Conduct within Trust Payments, working with stakeholders to establish a clear framework for managing the supply of products and services across Trust Payments globally. The role holder’s responsibilities include understanding what procurement relationships are currently in existence, review supplier contracts, understand the current term of relationships and define the renewal processes and timelines. The Procurement Manager will need to investigate the best ways to ensure the most cost-effective procurement expenses, so that the company can invest in growth and people.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Develop, implement, and execute Trust Payments Procurement strategy in alignment with the group’s values and sustainability objectives
• Introduce a Supplier Code of Conduct setting out the areas of sustainability in our supply chain including modern slavery compliance and the minimum set applicable laws and regulations and ethical conduct that should be maintained with those suppliers worked with.
• Ensure Trust Payments is fully FCA / Outsourcing compliant
• Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organisation partnerships
• Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
• Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
• Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
• Examine and test existing contracts
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
• Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
• Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
• Expect unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
• Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
• Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
• Maintain an up-to-date Global 3rd party supplier tracker
• Evaluate and assess tenders, pitch team debriefs and conduct Post Decision Reviews (PDRs)
• Work with the ESG team to:
• Ensure all tender specifications incorporate requirements for carbon/wider sustainability criteria to reduce Scope 3 emissions and influence suppliers
• Drive the development of sustainability objectives for inclusion in scorecards as part of supplier selection using metrics and targets based on market best practices
Experience and Qualifications:
• Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager, or Head of Procurement
• This is a new, stand-alone role so the ability to take ownership and lead on the Procurement strategy for the Company will be essential, drawing on your professional expertise and experience in other companies/industries
• Must possess strong teamwork skills,
• Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
• Talent in negotiations and networking
• Knowledge of regulatory outsourcing guidelines (a bonus)
• Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software
• Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
• Experience in collecting and analysing data
• Strong leadership capabilities
• BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Qualification (MCIPS) qualification
• Knowledge of the ISO 20400:2017 guidance standard for sustainable procurement would be an advantage but not essential.
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Procurement Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now