Job Title: React Native Developer
Most of Trust Payments are still working from home at present but we are starting to return to our Covid secure offices on a flexible basis. It’s great to see some old faces, and many new ones. Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
We’re seeking a full-time permanent React Native Engineer to help play a key part in developing our future-proof web and mobile applications with React / React Native. The candidate needs to be talented, ambitious, and have an open mindset.
You will be responsible for designing and developing applications in React Native from the ground all the way up to production. We believe in autonomy and giving people the opportunity to come up with new ideas to help us drive the business forward. We feel that the best engineers (and the ones we want to work with) are self-starters and who can work well as part of a larger team and who have great communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Maintain & improve application frameworks, suggesting improvements where appropriate
• Support the development team by answering questions and solving complex problems
• Ensure developers are following best practices, along with producing clean and secure code
• Conduct code reviews and provide valuable feedback to help developers advance
• Write automated unit tests and provide input for BDD test cases
• Investigate any defects reported by stakeholders/end users & support the team to find the root cause & get the right fixes
• Work closely with the team complete tasks and deploy new releases following an Agile release pattern
• Attend team retrospectives & workshops to promote continuous improvement
• Understand business requirements & processes to define solutions with continuous review of the scope of all requirements following the agile methodology
• Provide estimations on deliverable features to the delivery manager
• Drive improvements within the development processes
Experience and Qualifications:
• 3+ years of professional experience working with React Native
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience working with Swift, Objective C, and Java is a plus
• Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems
• Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both regarding estimates and the general process
• An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them
• Ability to work through new and difficult React Native issues and contribute to libraries as needed.
• Bright, highly self-motivated and driven with a professional and positive approach
• Ability to work independently, mentor & collaborate with team members
• Ability to drive development forward and motivate your peers
• Experienced using version control tools e.g., Git
• Experienced in CI tools (Gitlab Pipelines) from application configuration aspect
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
• Passionate about software development, with a general thirst for technology & interest in new tools & methodologies
• Hands on experience developing and maintaining applications with React Native
• Experience with CSS/Sass frameworks such as Bootstrap including theming
• Experienced in working with CI/CD pipeline environments
• Work as part of a small team to build React Native iOS / Android applications
• Architect, build and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code
• Implement pixel perfect UI’s that match designs
• Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience
• Integrate third-party API’s
• Write unit and integration tests
• Release applications to the Apple and Google Play stores
• Work with native modules when required
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building