Job Title: Revenue Controller
Reports to: Group Head of Finance
Whilst most of Trust Payments are working from home at present, our Covid secure offices are still open for those that can’t work from home. We’ve hired and onboarded more than 60 people virtually since the pandemic started and have grown significantly as a business. We’ve adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls, to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first, during such difficult times. Feedback from our new hires has been really positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it make them feel integrated into Trust from the start.
Main purpose of the job:
• Ensure that all revenue is being accounted for
• Ensure that invoices are being raised and sent to clients
• Review aged receivables and ensure timely collection
• Monitor and control all aspects of the revenue cycle
• Document revenue-related processes
Duties and responsibilities:
• Work closely with the accounting teams in Malta and the UK to ensure that revenue records are complete, and all clients have been charged as per contract in order to maximise revenue.
• Understand the business of each company within the group and the events that trigger a revenue transaction.
• Periodically review the various operational systems to ensure that billing data has been correctly inputted and revenue transactions are being automatically recorded when required.
• Keep track of exceptional/ one-off charges and ensure that required manual billing interventions have been executed.
• Ensure that behavioural fees charged to the company by the card schemes (Visa and Mastercard) are being recharged to the clients/merchants.
• Ensure there are no gaps throughout the process from recording of revenue to raising an invoice to a client/merchant.
• Ensure continuous collection for revenue and other amounts due from clients/merchants including direct debits and client chasing.
• Identify and report risks related to revenue and trade receivables.
• Develop solutions to any shortcomings identified and liaise with the relevant individuals/departments for implementation.
• Give extra attention to new systems and test thoroughly to ensure revenue transactions are being executed and going though the full revenue cycle.
• Prepare weekly reports on the state of trade receivables, highlight problematic accounts and follow through with appropriate action.
• Identify accounts that may require referral to a debt collection agency or write-off as a bad debt.
• Maintain adequate documentation of all revenue processes.
• Assist and backup team members if required for the execution of revenue-related tasks.
• Microsoft Excel at an intermediate level is a must
• Oracle Netsuite
• At least 3 years’ experience working in a finance
• Qualified with a finance/accounts related degree or equivalent
• Performance and efficiency driven
• Methodical & excellent problem-solving skills
• Payments industry experience (desirable)
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
• Good level of numeracy with a close attention to detail
• Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads & meet deadlines
• Works well as part of a team
• Ability to be proactive, good initiative and deliver results
• Ambition to work in an entrepreneurial environment