Job Title: Senior AWS Cloud Engineer
Most of Trust Payments are still working from home at present but we are starting to return to our Covid secure offices on a flexible basis. It’s great to see some old faces, and many new ones. Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
Mobilize Systems is a division of Trust Payments which develops mobile technology to provide seamless, data-rich services to merchants looking to capture and expand customer engagement and loyalty programmes. The acquisition will enable Trust Payments to combine behavioural analytics with transactional data to offer enhanced product journeys for customers, improved payment options, and better insight for businesses.
Main purpose of the job:
• Technical lead for the new platform
• Cloud platform service environments provided by Amazon AWS
• Software architecture for highly scalable and reliable serverless systems, including data structures, dataflows, horizontal scale, system composition, security
• Event sourcing microservices architectures
• Infrastructure as Code, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation
• APIs, including REST and GraphQL using the Apollo client / server framework
• Business logic implemented in AWS serverless technologies, transitioning from an existing Java backend (Spring Boot)
• MySQL and Oracle DB transitioning to AWS Aurora, AWS Athena, AWS S3, and AWS DynamoDB with data analytics provided by AWS QuickSight
• Omni-channel messaging including push notifications, email, and SMS using AWS Pinpoint and interaction with our mobile app development team
• Understanding customer and business needs
• Migrate legacy platform into new AWS Architecture
• Continue to drive the architecture to meet the product roadmap
• Carry out instructions given by your line manager
• Comply with the Health and Safety at work Act (1974) and relevant directives in all activities.
• Compliance on all relevant aspects of GDPR as appropriate to the role
• You may be required to undertake any other reasonable tasks, which is broadly consistent with those in this document as determined by your line manager
Experience and Qualifications:
• We are expecting solid experience as a Tech Lead with a focus on backend systems and database design and optimization
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field
• 5+ years of relevant engineering experience with a proven track record in backend software architectures and development
• Minimum of five years’ experience developing in the cloud, prior experience with AWS platform services and systems
• Background in Python / Java / Scala as an architect and developer, Spring Boot an advantage
• Experience with SQL and no-SQL database systems
• Official AWS certification is desirable
• Reliable, flexible and cooperative
• Bright, highly self-motivated and driven
• Diplomatic and tactful with good communication skills
• Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence
• Ability to perform the role of a good ambassador for the organisation at all times
• The position will carry autonomy within defined parameters, and the post-holder will be encouraged to take responsibility for decision-making within the strategic plan framework
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building