Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Most of Trust Payments are still working from home at present but we are starting to return to our Covid secure offices on a flexible basis. It’s great to see some old faces, and many new ones. Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
We’re seeking a full-time permanent Senior DevOps Engineer to help play a key part in building and maintaining our critical cloud architecture. The candidate needs to be talented, ambitious and have an open mind set.
You will be responsible for designing and working in configuration management and operational environments, developing core infrastructure which is robust, scalable and secure, reviewing and supporting CI across every part of our ever-evolving platform.
We believe in autonomy and giving people the opportunity to come up with new ideas to help us drive the business forward. We feel that the best engineers (and the ones we want to work with) are self-starters and who can work well as part of a larger team and who have great communication skills.
You’ll work with an exciting tech stack including but not limited to; Kubernetes, Inges, Docker, Containerization, Nginx, CloudFlare, Digital Ocean & AWS, S3, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, Gitlab, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Ruby 3, Rails 6.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Investigate any defects reported by stakeholders / end users & support the team to find the root cause & get the right fixes
• Humble to embrace better ideas from others, eager to make things better, open to challenges and possibilities
• Attend team retrospectives & workshops to promote continuous improvement
• Understand business requirements & processes to define solutions with continuous review of scope of all requirements following the agile methodology
• Work with engineers, product managers, designers, and stakeholders across the company to rollout new features
• Manage application releases
Experience and Qualifications:
• Expertise in managing and maintaining Kubernetes clusters in production
• Proven track record of building and managing continual automation / deployment / delivery environments.
• Proficiency running infrastructure on cloud platforms, such as AWS and DO, appreciation for their failure modes, and a good understanding of network concepts and fundamentals
• Security conscious – understanding of best practices and implementation and ability to leverage applications such as Vault
• Somebody who has a passion for modern scalable technology like Kafka, Prometheus, Terraform, Docker and service meshes
• Experience working with leading CI platforms
• Excellent written and spoken English
• A strong foundation of design principles relating to platform development, security, data modelling and scaling
• Excellent systems and database experience, with an understanding of the challenges involved in designing and building distributed services
• Passionate about observability
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and/or relevant work experience
• A collaborative, empirical and experimental approach to solving problems
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building