Job Title: Senior Product Designer
Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
This position is required to improve the Merchant Experience for our fast growing set of customers, operating in multiple countries in Europe with ambitious plans to expand much further around the globe.
In this role, you’ll incorporate user-centred design principles to produce high-quality designs and prototypes that inspire, engage, and excite our users. You’ll collaborate with fellow designers, evolving our design language while delivering innovative, best-of-class digital products by creating conceptual sketches, wireframes, user requirements, conceptual models, personas, and flow charts among others. You’ll work collaboratively with Product Management and Engineering teams to create friction-less user experiences as well as ensuring timelines and commitments are met.
As a valued member of the Product Design team, you are a go-to person, can work collaboratively or autonomously, and serve as an expert in user-centred best practices to people across the organization. As a confident communicator, you can work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team comprised of myriad levels of experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Partner with the Product Owners, Engineers, Data Scientists, and other colleagues, working in a cross-functional and distributed teams. Together, you will be actively involved in defining the customers’ and the business’ problems
• Work through design problems from beginning to end, translating insights from research and analytics into concepts that form disruptive new products and features, and designing the detailed workflows and interactions required to make them a reality
• Turn complex flows and interactions into simple and amazing solutions that truly solves customer needs and accomplishes business goals
• Own feature designs that create engaging and immersive experiences for web applications initially but with an eye on future devices and channels
• Be a champion of user needs, partnering with Product Leads to plan user research, as well as sharing insights with everyone on your specific product
• Gain a deep understanding of our target users through observations, research, and analytics so that you can champion their needs
• Identify the key metrics for the projects you are involved in and take ownership for achieving their success
• Think about design as a system, contributing to and maintaining our design system in order to influence quality and efficiency for all Trust’s teams and products
• Help shape the culture of the growing design community at Trust
Experience and Qualifications:
• 5+ years’ experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products that solve real problems, and that people use
• Motivated self-starter who can deeply collaborate with other disciplines including product management, data science and engineering
• A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. Comfort with ambiguity. A desire to make things better. A balanced sense of optimism and humility
• You think in systems. You can anticipate the ripple effects of small and large changes will have on the experience
• Experience in designing WCAG/ADA compliant, accessible interfaces
• Have experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams in iterative product development cycles
• To be a constant learner. You will be always growing – both personally and with the team
• Strong communication skills to help people across the company understand the rationale behind your proposals, and the complex nuances of design problems
• Have a great understanding and showcase of product thinking, storytelling, and design craft
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Senior Product Designer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now