Job Title: Senior Revenue Assurance Analyst
Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group.
• Ensure that all revenue is being accounted for
• Monitor and control all aspects of the revenue cycle
• Document revenue-related processes
• Overview of accounts receivable teams within the group
Duties and responsibilities:
• Work closely with the accounting teams in Malta and the UK to ensure that revenue records are complete, and all clients have been charged as per contract in order to maximise revenue.
• Understand the business of each company within the group and the events that trigger a revenue transaction.
• Periodically review the various operational systems to ensure that billing data has been correctly inputted and revenue transactions are being automatically recorded when required.
• Keep track of exceptional/ one-off charges and ensure that required manual billing interventions have been executed.
• Ensure that behavioural fees charged to the company by the card schemes (Visa and Mastercard) are being recharged to the clients/merchants.
• Ensure there are no gaps throughout the process from recording of revenue to raising an invoice to a client/merchant.
• Develop solutions to any shortcomings identified and liaise with the relevant individuals/departments for implementation.
• Give extra attention to new systems and test thoroughly to ensure revenue transactions are being executed and going through the full revenue cycle.
• Maintain adequate documentation of all revenue processes.
• Assist and backup team members if required for the execution of revenue-related tasks.
• Manage processes and work stream for group accounts receivables team
Experience and Qualifications:
• At least 3 years’ experience working in a finance role
• Qualified with a finance/accounts related degree or equivalent
• Performance and efficiency driven
• Methodical & excellent problem-solving skills
• Payments industry experience (desirable)
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
• Good level of numeracy with a close attention to detail
• Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads & meet deadlines
• Works well as part of a team
• Ability to be proactive, good initiative and deliver results
• Ambition to work in an entrepreneurial environment
• Experience in credit control
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Senior Revenue Assurance Analyst opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now