Job Title: Software Developer
Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
Trust Payments is currently seeking a Software Developer to support the efforts of the Data team.
In this role, you will be required to design, write, and maintain code for our future and ongoing projects. You will also be required to contribute to design and planning sessions as well as formulate approaches for current coding tasks.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Developing C# .NET solutions for the organization
• Creating in-house applications.
• Debugging and maintaining written code
• Defining and organizing projects on an ongoing basis
• Reporting and resolving issues
• Identifying and handling technical risks and issues
• Working in a project team alongside other developers
• Providing technical support to stakeholders in the organization
• Reporting on project statuses and developments to senior team members
• Participating in project meetings with management and other team members
Experience and Qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or information technology
• A minimum of 2 years of experience as a C# programmer or equivalent
• Strong SQL / PostgreSQL or similar
• Knowledge of other coding-languages (Python, etc)
• Ability to write clean, easy to understand code
• Outstanding analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and complete projects with minimal supervision
• Sound understanding of coding and development processes
• Experience with working in an agile environment
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Software Developer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now