Job Title: Software Quality Assurance Manager
Reports to: Group Chief Technical Officer
Whilst most of Trust Payments are working from home at present, our Covid secure offices are still open for those that can’t work from home. We’ve hired and onboarded more than 60 people virtually since the pandemic started and have grown significantly as a business. We’ve adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls, to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first, during such difficult times. Feedback from our new hires has been really positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it make them feel integrated into Trust from the start.
Main purpose of the job:
Be a senior member of the development team, responsible for driving automated regression testing throughout the development life cycle. Be the Quality Assurance lead and line manage automated and manual Test Engineers.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Quality Assurance Strategy – take ownership of the testing strategy used throughout the software development life cycle. Ensure the strategy is shared with the wider technical teams.
• Testing – ensure all software development is tested to the highest standard and in-line with the QA Strategy. Identify and monitor KPIs and drive changes through a continuous improvement process. Implement test cases as part of the project teams.
• Tools and Processes – Review and utilise industry standard software testing tools and processes to improve the software quality assurance standards. Champion changes throughout the Quality Assurance team and the wider technical departments.
• Security Standards & Data Protection – To be aware of latest data protection and security threats and to make sure we mitigate against these risks through adopting quality assurance practices in the development life cycle.
• Line Management – Be the line manager for software test engineers and drive self-development initiatives through coaching and mentoring.
• Comply with all legislation and codes of practice appropriate to the role.
• Comply with the Health and Safety at work Act (1974) and relevant directives in all activities.
• Compliance on all relevant aspects of GDPR as appropriate to the role.
• No job description can cover every issue which may arise within the role at various times. In order to maintain an effective service, you may be required to undertake any other reasonable tasks, which is broadly consistent with those in this document as determined by your line manager.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Previous experience of leading a team of Software Test Engineers and Implementation of Test Automation.
• Previous experience of working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
• Knowledge and experience of the Python programming language
• Knowledge of programming languages and methodologies.
• Understanding of security standards.
• Background in technology and knowledge of the Payment Business Industry.
• Knowledge of technology-based products and services.
• Awareness of Trust Payments Limited range of products.
• Experience leading IT Professionals in a DevOps environment or high-tech company
• Experience of working with large scale, distributed or complex scale platforms
• Experience with performing technical analysis on different technology design and implementation options
• Passionate about all aspects of e-commerce technology
• Background in technology and knowledge of the Payments Business Industry.
• Computer literacy, word processing, Salesforce, data handling, record keeping.
Other significant job requirements:
• Good product knowledge.
• Bright, highly self-motivated and driven.
• Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
• Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment.
• Passionate about Software Development, with a general thirst for digital knowledge and a significant interest in new
• Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
• Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to
develop, deliver and evaluate brilliant ideas founded on rock-solid strategic thinking
• Reliable, flexible and cooperative.
• Diplomatic and tactful.
• Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence.
• Ability to perform the role of a good ambassador for the organisation at all times
• Typically, a 36.5 hour week with occasional out of hours maintenance work
• The role is based out of the Bangor office, but the role does require the occasional travel to other offices (London and Malta).
• The position will carry autonomy within defined parameters, and the post-holder will be encouraged to take responsibility for decision-making within the strategic plan framework.