Job Title: Solution Architect
Reports to: Group Cheif Technical Officer
Main purpose of the job:
Responsible for enabling cloud adoption by promoting cloud native designs and solutions that support the journey to cloud. Identify strategic requirements to align with the technology vision.
Duties and responsibilities:
– Developing reference architectures and anti-patterns to guide application teams.
– Take ownership of the technical solution architecture design and implementation.
– Publishing service guidelines for each cloud (AWS) service offered.
– Educating the team on how to build lean and cost aware solutions.
– Supporting the creation and update of architecture artefacts.
– Creating and supporting user focused documentation, education sessions and knowledge articles/blogs.
– Comply with the Health and Safety at work Act (1974) and relevant directives in all activities.
– Compliance on all relevant aspects of GDPR as appropriate to the role.
– No job description can cover every issue which may arise within the role at various times. In order to maintain an effective service, you may be required to undertake any other reasonable tasks, which is broadly consistent with those in this document as determined by your line manager.
Experience and Qualifications:
– A Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or an IT related course.
– At least 8 years of experience in an IT related role. Minimum 3 years of experience as a solution or data architect.
– Experience of defining and implementing architecture solutions and technology strategies.
– AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional.
– Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
– Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate brilliant ideas founded on rock-solid strategic thinking.
Other significant job requirements:
– Good product knowledge.
– Bright, highly self-motivated and driven with a professional and positive approach.
– Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
– Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment.
– Passionate about IT with a general thirst for digital knowledge and a significant interest in new emerging technologies.
– Reliable, flexible and cooperative.
– Diplomatic and tactful.
– Ability to perform the role of a good ambassador for the organisation at all times
– Typically, a 36.5-hour week with occasional out of hours maintenance work
– The role is based out of the Bangor office, but the role does require the occasional travel to other offices (London and Malta).
– The position will carry autonomy within defined parameters, and the post-holder will be encouraged to take responsibility for decision-making within the strategic plan framework.