Job Title: Training and Development Coordinator/Kickstart Lead – 6 month FTC
Reports to: Head of HR
Whilst most of Trust Payments are working from home at present, our Covid secure offices are still open for those that can’t work from home. We’ve hired and onboarded more than 60 people virtually since the pandemic started and have grown significantly as a business. We’ve adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls, to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first, during such difficult times. Feedback from our new hires has been really positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it make them feel integrated into Trust from the start.
Main purpose of the job:
Take the lead in planning and executing the expansion of Trust Payments workforce via the Government Kickstart Scheme. You will be responsible for selecting a pool of candidates to onboard into the world of business. You will work with key stakeholders to design and execute a training programme ensuring candidates are able to graduate and become permanent members of the Trust workforce.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Work with key stakeholders to design and an execute a plan to utilise the government kickstart scheme to hire 30+ new staff.
• Act as the main point of contact and project manager for the Kickstart programme, liaising between key stakeholders in Trust Payments and external suppliers.
• Carry out assessment centres and select candidates for a range of internal vacancies.
• Design in-depth training programmes / a training academy to introduce candidates to the world of business, Trust Payments and financial services.
• Work closely with department heads to design training plans for business specific roles, inducting candidates into several business departments.
• Act as the main point of contact and mentor for new starters hired through the kickstart scheme
• Manage the continuous development of new employees ensuring the integrate into the business.
• Assist with any other HR, Learning and Development or Recruitment related tasks involving Kickstart.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience working in a Learning and Development roles.
• Experience delivering face to face training to large groups.
• Experience designing and delivering training to those that have been out of work or new to the workplace.
• Formal training qualifications or equivalent work experience.
• Experience working with cross business functions
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven project management experience with demonstrable background in delivering projects on time and in budget.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.