Website Trust Payments
Trust Payments have an exciting opportunity for an Underwriting Officer to join their growing team based in Malta.
Job Title: Underwriting Officer
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Underwriting Officer – About Us:
Secure Trading Financial Services (STFS) trading as Acquiring.com, has over the past years established itself as a trusted acquirer. Licensed and regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority (“MFSA”) to provide payments services across Europe and principal member of Visa and MasterCard, Acquiring.com can offer a truly end-to-end payment solution to merchants trading online. Ease of implementation and trusted advisory relationship management are at the heart of what Acquiring.com can offer to its partners.
Underwriting Officer – The Role:
The Underwriting Officer will be required to undertake underwriting of prospective as well as existing customers, assess the business model of applicants and conduct compliance and credit checks to ensure adherence to Company and card scheme policies and regulations. The role will be part of a team of underwriters, working closely with colleagues to ensure optimum customer service. The candidate will communicate with internal company departments, as well as management and offer assistance on risk related matters.
Underwriting Officer – Key Responsibilities:
– Conducting identity checks (KYC – Know your customer), AML, identifying and locating, credit score analysis and full product and website review
– Adhere to underwriting standards, company’s policies, instructions and good practice to minimize risk and maximize efficiency
– Conduct compliance and credit checks and analysis
– Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements to ensure obligations are met
– Reviewing legal documentation
– Ensure adherence to Company and Card Schemes rules and policies
– Calculation of the financial risk exposure and the relevant risk mitigation measures
– Working closely with the Risk Department to agree on risk and remittance terms for high risk merchants
– Contribute in process improvements and sharing best practice
– Foster strong partnerships with other teams such as the Business relations team
Underwriting Officer – Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
– Analytical skills to identify and assess potential fraud and compliance issues
– A good working knowledge of compliance regulations
– Experience to financial credit risk assessment
– Demonstrated skills in risk assessment and the ability to escalate when appropriate
– Efficiently and appropriately prioritize to ensure timely goal achievement
– Excellent communication and decision-making skills
– Detailed oriented
– Experience in credit
– Understanding of card schemes
– Analytical and intuitive investigative skills
To submit your CV for this exciting Underwriting Officer opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.