Job Title: Underwriting risk team leader
Reports to: Underwriting Manager
Secure Trading Financial Services Ltd (STFS), now trading as Acquiring.com, has over the past years established itself as a trusted acquirer. Licensed and regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority (“MFSA”) to process electronic payments across Europe and principal member of Visa and Mastercard, Acquiring.com can offer a truly end-to-end payment solution to merchants trading online. Ease of implementation and trusted advisory relationship management are at the heart of what Acquiring.com can offer to its partners.
Main purpose of the job:
The Underwriting Team Leader will manage and lead the team, communicating the company goals and any deadlines. Motivates team members, assign work and manage performance on a daily basis.
The selected person is responsible to help management in training, keeps management updated with KPIs and updates on team performance. Furthermore, team leads will need to underwrite certain applications and approve certain applications according to limit thresholds and keep a healthy relationship with other team leaders and with the Sales Team.
Duties and responsibilities:
– Lead by example and engage the team to perform underwriting of prospective new customers
– Ensure adherence to underwriting standards, instructions and good practice to minimize risk and maximize efficiency
– Lead the team to conduct credit checks and compliance analysis
– Work with the underwriting compliance team leader to comply with all legal and regulatory requirements to ensure obligations are met
– Ensure adherence to Company and Card Schemes rules and policies
– Calculation of the financial risk exposure and the relevant risk mitigation measures
– Continuous process improvement and sharing best practice
– Foster strong partnerships with other teams such as BRO, Operations etc.
– Able to pre-vet applications in the absence of the Underwriting Manager
– Support the Underwriting Manager and be involved in other projects/initiatives as may be directed from time to time
Experience, skills and Qualifications:
– Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
– In deep knowledge of the onboarding process with experience in payments industry
– Analytical skills to identify and assess potential fraud and compliance issues
– Strong skills in risk assessment
– Efficiently and appropriately prioritize and delegate tasks to ensure timely goal achievement
– Preferably experience in leading a team
– Good people management and coaching skills
To submit your CV for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.