Job Title: Finance Director UK
Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group.
Responsible for the management and control of all Group Finances at a single company and consolidated level. To produce accurate accounts for all individual group companies in line with Group reporting and control requirements, and in compliance with accounting regulations and other relevant statutory reporting requirements, including Group Consolidation and Reporting.
Responsible for all Group Reporting and Statistics and reports to the CFO regular deviations from the Budgets and Targets that are pre-set for the financial year.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Manage high performing finance team in London and Malta
• Supervision and leadership for all team members
• Review of monthly management accounts for all group companies
• Responsible for all relevant Group Reporting and Monthly Statistics
• Monthly & Quarterly reporting including Actual vs Forecasts Reporting
• Responsibility for required consolidation and inter-company journals
• Implement Group policies and procedures in relation to financial controls
• Review of Bank Accounts and Cashflow Management
• Establish a good understanding of Group Treasury Functions
• Review of all Gateway Revenue Recognition including proper reconciliations and accounting
• Ensure all financial transactions are accurately recorded within the accounts for all entities
• Ensure correct accounting journals in relation to all CAPEX Costs, and also month end Accruals and Prepayments as necessary
• Responsible for the cashflow monitoring and reporting and ensuring PSD2 Compliance at all times
• Review cost centre transactional postings and ensure variances to budget and forecast are reviewed and explained and any amendments are processed.
• UK point of contact for annual financial audit for all UK Based Entities
• Ensure adequate accounting for US Subsidiary
• Deputy Head of Finance Role for the Acquiring Bank duties
Experience and Qualifications:
• Qualified accountant
• Advanced Excel
• Works to strict reporting deadlines
• Experience reporting into board level
• Experience in payments, acquiring, fintech
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building
We understand the value that a diverse and inclusive working environment brings to Trust Payments. We celebrate the differences that people can bring through their cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.
To submit your CV for this exciting Finance Director UK opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now