Job Title: Workstream Delivery Lead
Most of Trust Payments are still working from home at present but we are starting to return to our Covid secure offices on a flexible basis. It’s great to see some old faces, and many new ones. Whilst the last 18 months have been a tough time for everyone personally, we’ve adapted our strategy and continued our impressive growth. In that timeframe we’ve hired and integrated close to 150 new starters and grown our revenues significantly as a business.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure that new starters that join feel part of one big virtual team. From regular town halls to coffee mornings and dedicated mental health days, we want to ensure we put the needs of our employees first. Feedback from our new hires has been positive, they love our onboarding programme and how much it makes them feel integrated into Trust from the start. Trust Payments was recently recognised for its accomplishments in employee engagement and is now considered one of the UK’s “Best Companies to Work having been awarded a 1* star rating indicating very good levels of workplace engagement.” Winning accolades in three other categories include being One of Financial Services top 30 companies, one of London’s top 75 large companies, and one of Wales top 30 companies to work for.
Trust Payments is a global unified payment technology group that was formed in 2019 bringing together technology and financial services into an omnichannel solution. The new business model has enabled Trust Payments to establish itself as a leading Fintech Payments group. The company has undertaken a major culture reset and now operates as a fast-paced inclusive organisation with talented people at it’s very heart. In 2019 the business expanded it’s product offering from Gateway and Acquiring to POS and Mobile Loyalty, creating true omnichannel processing capabilities and now provides over 30 unique products to merchants of all sizes. Business revenue has grown significantly in the last 2 years and as such we are expanding into even more products, markets and geographies and are hiring people at all levels.
Main purpose of the job:
This is a fast-paced, hands-on environment in the early stages of a transformation to a more agile delivery paradigm. In this role, you will lead multiple highly collaborative teams that value speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change and foster a positive work environment. Your work will include actively leading transformational activities across the workstream and organization, coaching team members, proactively eliminating barriers, and enabling workstream delivery.
Perhaps most importantly, you will utilize your servant leadership capabilities and mindset to help empower, energize, and motivate teams. You will work closely with workstreams to support sprint and release planning, foster workstream self-awareness, encourage cross-training, decision-making, and continuous improvement.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Coordinate stakeholder workshops (Client and internal) deconstruct requirements into work packages / sprints to be iteratively scheduled and delivered within a workstream
• Break down the high-level goals of the business program strategy into epics, feature and stories, that the delivery team can implement
• Enablement and growth of organizational agility of all teams in their aligned Workstream
• Demonstrates situational and self-awareness to know whether/when/how to respond to various environmental issues that will affect a team/workstream ability to operate agilely
• Responsible for the professional/knowledge growth of less experienced Team/Workstream members and contributing to the overall agility subject matter expertise in the organization
• Draws from vast experience and leverages ideas from several disciplines, patterns and techniques to address gaps, solve problems, innovate and improve Workstream delivery
• Facilitates retrospectives / post-mortems at the leadership level, has direct impacts and demonstratable improvements at the Team / Workstream level
• Proactively shares best practices amongst Team / Workstream members. Helps to mature Trust Payments’ agile discipline, scalability, and dependency management
• Ensures proper transparency and visibility into dependencies and risks
• Easily switches between coaching and mentoring stances as needed for the situation
• Extensive experience facilitating events, meetings, and discussions in a variety of different contexts (different cultures, remote, in person, different domains, etc…)
• Typically facilitates large scale planning sessions, quarterly sessions, etc. Comfortable remaining neutral, applying effective conflict management, and establishing trust
• Serves as the Agile champion and change agent to their aligned Workstream.
• Advanced understanding of more than one method or framework from extensive experience applying a variety of industry recognized patterns and techniques and advanced study
• Guides the transition to and implementation of a scaling framework (SAFe or other) for Teams / Workstreams to optimize value delivery
Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 8 years in a leadership position, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• At least one advanced training/certification completed from a reputable Lean/Agile organization (SPS, SAFe SPC, SAFe SM, ICAgile Professional – Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF), ICAgile Professional – Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC))
• Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, and business judgement
• In-depth knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and workstream objectives
• Ability to effectively apply scaling frameworks and methodologies
• Working knowledge of IT concepts, methodologies, architectures, and technical standards
• Ability to breakdown and convey complex information to diverse audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
• Sound reporting skills including activity reports and document release notes for stakeholders
• Familiarity with EU and Global payments regulations and curiosity in emerging technologies
• Resilient to change, adapting to and supporting new situations with confidence
• Collaborative team player who can ensure deadlines are met by the Team / Workstream
• Solution-focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions and recommendations
Benefits (subject to local office benefits policy):
• Opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling and market leading Fintech business.
• Flexible homeworking
• Health and Wellbeing ethos including regular wellness sessions, fitness and nutrition and other events as well as supported by internally qualified mental health first aiders
• Family friendly enhanced benefits/policies
• Pension, Healthcare, Life Assurance
• Social events and team building